Sunday, December 14, 2008

Surprise!

Hey Peeps!!

OK, yes, I know what you're all wondering, "What in the world is Elizabeth doing updating her blog? Isn't she supposed to be in deepest, darkest Africa?" Well, yes, I am, and yes, I still am, I'm just not in Zimbabwe at the moment. I'm actually in Botswana with Rebekah and Uncle Mark and Aunt Angie at my friend Kayla's house. We (my family plus the Bylers) had been in Gweru (3 hours from Sanyati) having a nice, relaxing weekend vacation at Antelope Park. Me and Rebekah left early this morning (got up at 4:30, left at 5:30) with Uncle Mark and Aunt Angie to head for Francistown, Botswana to do some shopping (you can't get much at all in Zim these days, so the Bylers have had to go Francistown about every six weeks to shop, and we got to tag along this time!). So here I am; on the internet at 12 something am our time. (maybe that's why it seems that this post is making no sense at all lol!) We've been doing good; the time's really been flying by fast! It's been great to come back to Africa again. Some things are the same as ever, and yet some things are different. This Saturday, we (us five plus Luke) are going to be putting on a play for our staff during tea time. We are so far from ready it's not even funny!! I hope we can get it together in time! That's been filling up my thoughts a lot lately, plus there's still a week of school left until our break! It's crazy that it's, what, only 10 days until Christmas?! It doesn't seem possible. It totally doesn't feel Christmasy here at all (:D). Umm... any other randomness to report?? Can't think of anything, and since my brain seems to be shutting down for the night, and soon I'll not be able to type anything coherent I'll close this update now. We'll be here in Francistown all day tomorrow (guess it's today now, huh?), so if you want to give me a shout out I'll email back as soon as I can! I miss you guys a bunch and think of you often. Have a FANTASTIC Christmas, and I'll see a lot of you soon!!!

With Love,
ME!!

6 comments:

Becka said...

Hey girl!!! I've missed your updates so thanks for updating when you can!! I'm glad you all have been doing good!!! I'm sure you'll do great on your play Saturday!!! I MISS YOU!!!
Lots of Love!
Becka

Anonymous said...

Hey, It's Aunt Sharon! Enjoyed hearing what all you have been doing! Sounds like things have been going well considering the conditions. We miss you all and you are in our prayers. Andrew says to tell Luke hey!

Corley said...

it's soo good to hear from you!!! i'm praying for you and your family and i hope you have a FABULOUS christmas!
<3

Rebecca Joy said...

Hey girl!
It's great to hear from you, I'm praying for yall! Can't wait to hear all about it!
Love ya and miss ya!

Unknown said...

hey!!! u n bots and u didn't even tell me!!!! girl i would have jumped on a bus.... ftown is only 4hrs away..... grrrr... i missed my chance!!!

Granny said...

Hello, How great to hear form Botswana. What did you guys get to shop for? I am sure food is at a premium and my heart aches for all the Zim. people are having to endure. I am sure I cannot imagine what it is really like. Please understand that though you guys don't hear from us on email,we are constantly thinking of you. We know Uncle Mark's computer can only take so much info. Thus we wait to hear from your Grandmama who then emails us to let us hear. Please let us hear from you when you can. Thanks for the Bots. blog. Keep a journal and take plenty of pics. We miss you. Granny