Sunday, July 20, 2008

Back from Bluffton!!

I got back from our AMAZING trip to Bluffton yesterday afternoon. It was SO good. I feel like we all learned a lot, helped some people out, met awesome new people, and had a ton of fun together!! There is obviously too much to talk about in just one post, so I'll just give some highlights and hope that I can tell each of you about it individually!!

Highlights:
  • Putt-putt!! We played putt-putt together the first night we were there. It was so much fun... even though I tied for last place :(.
  • Matt's (our youth pastor) "sermon" on being disciplined in your life and having goals Monday night. It was SO convicting and helpful! He really "gave us the business!" that night (ha ha, inside joke!!) I learned a lot and am working on being a "doer and not just a hearer" of the Word.
  • Going to a "college girls' " group Bible Study on Tuesday. There were a lot of college students from our church down in Bluffton for the summer. That brings me to another highlight...
  • Getting to meet and know some college students from our church. They were incredible and a lot of fun to be around. I appreciate them taking time to hang out with the "high school crew".
  • Doing neighborhood surveys for Bluffton. I was really nervous about knocking on people's doors at first, but, even though I feel like I didn't really do much, I enjoyed hearing what people believed and stuff, and I think I'll be more comfortable next time.
  • My favorite service project we did was helping out a teacher get her room ready for school.
  • And all the fun we had together! We played fun board games and just goofed off. Good times!!!!

Thanks for your prayers and I'll post some pictures when I get them!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!

Lauren is going to make me a cd soon and i'll let you borrow it. My camera is wacked up and so half of my pictures are blurry. so i'll let you borrow it asap!

Anonymous said...

That was from Holly by the way! lol i idk why i put anonymous

Anonymous said...

Hey girl!
glad to hear you had a good trip! we need to catch up ASAP! i miss you!
Love ya!
Becca